ePiX comments (what else?)

I've been playing around with ePiX; it's nice, good job.

A couple of comments, though.
In the manual, in the "Coordinates and Dimensions" section, it says
  In order to draw a figure in ePiX, you must provide the following
  pieces of information:  the unitlength in the figure, the size of
  the printed figure in picture coordinates, and the Cartesian
  coordinates of the figure's bounding box.
It took me a while (perhaps I was being dense) to figure out that the
"unitlength in the figure" was for.  As I understand it,
  unitlength(unit);
  picture(A,B);
sets the actual picture size to be A units by B units, and the
commands don't do anything else (ignoring, for the time being, any
offset).  (I had been trying to figure out where in the figure the
unitlength was used.)  Perhaps this could be clarified in the manual.
It would be nice if there were a command
   actual_size(A,B);
but I suppose this is prevented by limitations of the LaTeX picture
environment or C++ or somesuch.

There seem to be a few constructs that I would think would be pretty
basic, but don't seem to be built in.  (One such thing is a curve
which goes through a specified sequence of points.)

I suppose a standard thing is to create your own header file, which
I'm doing.

A couple of things I could use some help with.

1) Is there a way of turning an integer to a string?  I want to take,
   say, 3, and get back (not print) "3".
2) I needed a picture of an unpleasant function, and tried to draw the
   graph of sin(1/x); it doesn't seem to be working, either it doesn't
   look good, or if I put in a lot of sample points, it doesn't show
   up.  Is there any way of drawing this in ePiX?

Jay